Thursday 1 January 2015

"We are animals, Professor Kincaid... with brains that trick us into thinking we aren't."


A small time pot-grower tricks his identical twin into visiting him in their home town, to have a perfect alibi, for his scheme to take down a local drug lord.

I don't actually see myself why comedy is one of the genres. I mean sure, partly the movie was funny, but I don't think it was so funny it would be called a comedy. But there are others who say it's a comedy, so who am I to argue? Because, you know, maybe my sense of humour didn't cover the humour in this movie, you know?

Anyway, my first idea of the movie was how it reminded me of a TV show. Not like any TV show in particular, but like if the story would've been made longer, even maybe just like six episodes long, then it could've been a TV show. I don't know why, I just think that the story could've been made longer and maybe add some events here and there, and it would've been a perfect TV show. Of course no regular TV show, probably something very marginal, but what could be compared to Breaking Bad. I have no idea where this thought came from. It probably wouldn't even work but I just couldn't take that thought off my mind.

Also it was sort of weird how the movie seemed to have it's ending but then it went on for at least ten minutes after that. It was okay, though, not like it was forced. It was kinda like it had it's climax, and then it started to softly fall down from that climax, until it had a smaller climax before it actually ended. That was actually surprisingly nice. I mean usually the plot structure is the same in movies as in short stories, you know, exposition, rising action, climax, falling action and resolution. Usually movies go that way, unless they are, well, truly a work of art. Of course most movies are mostly art than entertainment - depends on who makes the movie and why they make it. But I mean that yeah, usually the last climax is the biggest one. Maybe it was here, too, but I didn't interpret it that way. 

The actors and actresses were wonderful. Susan Sarandon player the mother of Billy and Brady, and even though her part was small - not any less significant though - I always enjoy seeing her in movies. I mean come one, The Rocky Horror Picture Show was my first favourite movie (I was 12 though) and I still love every single actor from that movie. Tim Blake Nelson, who also wrote and directed the movie, was surprisingly good. Mostly I haven't liked him in the roles I've seen him in but this time his character was, well, different. Not as ridiculous. And Edward Norton was good. I always seeing actors playing two roles in a same movie. 

Leaves of Grass was a good movie. Not really different, and not going to be my favourite. But it was good. Though it wasn't the first movie I watched this year, since yesterday I had two friends over and the first movie we watched this year was actually Death to Smoochy. Yes, Again. 

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
7 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment